LOCAL FOOD STORES:
Various excellent village shops and facilities 2 miles away in Marshfield including:
- Central Stores in the High Street, Marshfield, Tel: 01225 891260. A very well stocked general store and happy to take pre-orders and will make up a picnic basket for you! Open 9.00am - 7.00pm Monday to Saturday and 8.00am - 12 midday on Sundays (pick up your Sunday paper here too!).
- Artingstall's Butchers - Tel: 01225 891304. A wonderful selection of locally produced meat and homemade pies, faggots, sausages, fresh vegetables and fruit; also home to the Post Office (Tel: 01225 892032) in the High Street.
- Sweetapples Tea Shop opposite the butchers in the High Street in Marshfield - Tel: 01225 891657 - Fabulous cakes, simple lunches, and cream teas. Why not pre-order your picnic to take away?
- WI market every Friday at 10.30am in the Church Hall - fabulous cakes, jams and chutneys and fresh seasonal and local produce.
A LITTLE FURTHER AWAY:
- Manor Farm Shop - Brewery Hill, Upton Cheyney, Bitton, Bristol, BS30 6NQ Tel: 0117 932 800 Opening: 10.00am - 6.00pm 7 days a week. www.manorfarm-shop.co.uk
- Marshfield Bakery www.marshfieldbakery.co.uk - Coffee Shop at Tolldown on the A46 near M4 junction 18, selling local food and drink as well as the complete Marshfield Bakery range.
- Allington Farm Shop and Cafe near Chippenham www.allingtonfarmshop.co.uk
- Bath Farmers Market, Green Park Station, Bath BA1 - Every Saturday until 2.00pm
LOCAL FOOD PRODUCERS AND SUPPLIERS:
For more information on local farm shops, bakeries, pick your own farms, farmers' markets please have a look at:
THE DREADED SUPERMARKETS!
There are supermarkets in Bath, Chippenham and Yate.
Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury's and Ocado will deliver an online order. Please make sure you name your cottage for delivery purposes and arrange it at a time when you know you will be there!
Guide to some of the finest shops, galleries and services in Bath
MORE SHOPS IN MARSHFIELD
- Vintage & Brown - Interiors and gifts - Tel 01225 891728 Email:email@example.com
- Country Stores - Newsagents, garden, gifts and hardware. Open Monday to Friday 6:00am to 5:00pm and on Saturdays from 6:00am until 3:00pm Tel: 01225 891232 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GARAGES - FUEL & REPAIRS
- F G Bond & Son, High Street, Marshfield - Tel: 01225 891217 www.fgbond.co.uk
- Central Garage - Hay Street, Marshfield - Tel: 01225 891691
LOCAL PUBS AND RESTAURANTS:
- The Catherine Wheel - an impressive building, much of it dating back to the 16th Century www.thecatherinewheel.co.uk Tel: 01225 892220.
- The Lord Nelson Inn - A 17th Century Coaching Inn www.lordnelsonatmarshfield.com Tel: 01225 891820, email email@example.com
- The Crown Inn - has recently and sadly closed again!
- Marshfield Cricket Club www.marshfieldcricketclub.co.uk - Come and have a drink - we may see you there! Bar open for matches during the season (May - September) and special events including the village's annual firework display in November. Visitors are most welcome!
- BATH RESTAURANT GUIDE - www.thepigguide.com
- BATH RESTAURANT ASSOCIATION - www.bathrestaurants.org A great website with a downloadable map
FOR DELICIOUS MEALS PREPARED AND DELIVERED READY TO EAT TO YOUR HOLIDAY HOME WE RECOMMEND:
- Nibbled Catering - a local catering company based in the nearby village of Northend priding themselves in using fresh, seasonal ingredients many sourced from local suppliers and cater for all types of events from small private dinners and family occasions through to Wedding receptions and corporate events. Contact Theresa or Maggie 01225 851027 or 07803 616063 email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at www.nibbledcatering.com
- Ashwickes - Caterers of Distinction based near Marshfield offering delicious home-made food using locally sourced fresh seasonal produce delivered to your door. Whatever the occasion Ashwickes offer a personal service tailored to your individual requirements. Supper boxes for 2 people with 3 courses start at £25 per box. Ring and have a chat to Nicky to discuss your ideas, or ask Brett for a sample menu. Telephone 01225 891240 or 07889 649981 Website: www.ashwickes.co.uk Email: email@example.com
- Kirstie's Kitchen - www.kirstieskitchen.info Marshfield's own home of authentic delicious curries delivered to your door and a freezer full of home-made, hearty meals all made from fresh locally sourced ingredients. Will also cater for dinner parties, large or small. Give Kirsty a ring to discuss your requirements on 01225 891567 or 07871 091987 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER 'IN HOUSE' TREATS
- Tranquillity Base - Registered Holistic Therapist offering Holistic massage, reflexology and Indian Head Massage - contact Maura Grubb RN1, ITEC, VCTC on 01225 891176 or 07971 846411 Email email@example.com
- Viv Kenchington Dip Reflex, MIFR www.reflexologyandhealth.co.uk can offer reflexology and reiki, telephone 01225 892372 or 07974 153487 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stress Angels www.bathstressangels.com offer pampering in your cottage! Prices start from just £18.50 for a half hour treatment. Treatments, both Beauty and Holistic, include facials, manicure, pedicure, aromatherapy massage, reflexology and Indian Head Massage all brought to you by a well qualified and experienced therapist using top quality products. For more information contact Michele Broom on 01225 463314 or 07976 802248, or email email@example.com
www.alisonmosey.co.uk - Guided walks in St Catherine's Valley departing from Marshfield Telephone Alison on 07967 923033 Booking essential.
COURSES & WORKSHOPS
Cherry Wood Projects offer courses in green woodwork and a range of woodland craft skills in a 40 acre sustainably managed woodland situated in a sheltered valley branching from St. Catherine's Valley, five miles to the north east of the City of Bath. www.cherrywoodproject.co.uk Contact Tim Gatfield Tel: 07921 361484
Kirsties Workshops www.kirstiesworkshops.co.uk Contemporary creative workshops in Marshfield. Celebrate a birthday, hen gathering or any occassion, surrounded by inspirational materials and take home something of your very own creation. Choose from 7 different courses - making bunting, a fabric bound journal, Christmas decorations, bespoke tiles, a framed vintage butterfly collection, or learn how to cook authentic Indian dishes or how to take cuttings, plant seeds and pot up a beautiful fragrant herb basket to take home. Prices start at £40 per person - lunch can be an optional extra. Contact Kirsty on 01225 891567 or 07871 091987 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Marshfield Tennis Club www.marshfieldtennisclub.co.uk Offer coaching, individual or private lessons and holiday clubs for kids email email@example.com
KIDS CLUBS AND ACTIVITIES
Super Camps, BATH Summer camp and activity days for children in Bath
See above for Marshfield Tennis Club holday clubs for kids
The Thermae Bath Spa www.thermaebathspa.com Reservations line: 0844 888 0844
www.mumfordsvineyard.co.uk A local vineyard that offers a tour and wine tasting.
Wellow Trekking Centre www.wellowtrekking.com
Cycle along the canal from Bradford-on-Avon, www.thelockinn.co.uk
TAXI COMPANIES FAMILIAR WITH OUR LOCATION UNLIKE SOME!:
- Beaufort Taxis 01454 313721 or 07703 703475 - mini buses and taxis
- Countrywide Private Hire 01225 743789 or 07788 430380 licensed to carry 4 passengers. Local and national journeys, airport runs.
- V-Cars - Bath 01225 464646 www.v-cars.com/bath.php